Saturday, February 13, 2010

Reflection at 40



Well, today I woke up looking at my life through 40 year old eyes. Wow! I never imagined my life would take the turns and bumps that it has but here I am and I have a lot to be thankful for. Today is just a time to reflect over past decisions and prepare for my future direction.

Family: I feel we are strong but I would like to see some strengthening of relationships. I feel like I am not as close to my sister as I once was and being far away makes it more difficult. I am going to work on this. Kit is growing up and I want to let her be the independent older teen that I know she is but this is going to take some time and some more tears I think. Little Kat becomes an official teen this year and I am not sure how I will deal with it, denial is working for me now.

Work: I will complete my Masters this summer. I am very excited about this. I have been moving in a new direction in my career. It is a very exciting time for me but it is also a very busy time. I am looking forward to the changes to come.

Play: I want to travel to more places I have never been before. I really enjoy discovering new places. Nothing elaborate, just a road trip to a new sonic would be nice. This will cost money so we will have to be extra careful so we can have time to play

Projects: I have a lot of ideas to improve the house. I want rearrange the basement and guest room, figure out a way to get more dresser space in my room, and organize the media and pantries.

Money: I am looking for ways to tighten up my spending and save for bigger projects. I might have to start cutting coupons.

I guess that is just some of the stuff I have been thinking about. Thank you for making my day special. I did not need anything but your love today and you show it in many ways. Thanks for all the off-key singing and gifts that gave of your time and special words. I love you all very much and I had the best 40th birthday day ever!!!!

4 comments:

Black Cat said...

I am all for Sonic.

Kit Kat said...

Hope you have many great birthdays to come!Love you bunches!!!

Grand Kat said...

Reflections at 40, seems that you have done a lot in your 40 years with plans on being around to complete many more tasks. Hope your around for 100 plus years. Looks like you had a good birthday.
Now the bad news, at 40 your body begins to fall apart slowly and with each 10 years it speeds up the process. Happy Birthday!

Momoko said...

OK, new rule...no bad news!!!!!