Wednesday, June 23, 2010

All Shook Up

This afternoon I got back to work from lunch and started reading a document for review. The guy in my room left to see another coworker. Then I felt myself shaking back and forth. I thought it might be my chair gone bad. So I stood up. No it was not the chair. The whole building was shaking.

Then it happened again. The building started shaking. That's all I needed. I grabbed my computer and briefcase. Then I ran down the steps. I peeked into a room with a bunch of coworkers and told them they should bolt as well. Outside I saw a lady that works with me. She did not even stop to gather her computer or personal things. She just ran down the stairs and was waiting outside.

I saw some unwise people using the elevator. Come on folks. Do you really want to get trapped in there? I had to leave my Pepsi open on my desk. With my hands full walking down 5 flights of stairs, there was no way to hold on to my soda. Better a flat soda tomorrow than a flat cat if the building falls down. I am not sure if this was a small earthquake or some building integrity issues. All I know is that I was not sticking around to find out. Tomorrow I will test the waters and see if the building is stable. If I feel even one tremor, I am moving out of the building for good.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

What was all the shaken about?