Sunday, June 27, 2010

Robbed

Momoko went on a shopping spree this week. Mostly she had to pick up some essentials. But there were some extra items purchased. One of them was a Glee CD. Momoko said she "bought it for me". That seemed strange. I did not express any interest in this CD. Sounded more like somebody else wanted the CD, but they "bought it for me".

The CD got put in a bag with all the other stuff they bought. I went to work the next day. When I got home, it seems the whole family had a party ripping a bunch of CDs to their computers. That sounded smart since that's how you get the songs onto your iPod (everyone in the family has an iPod, Momoko has 2). Then I saw the treachery. Somebody had opened up my CD and ripped it to computer. Then it got passed along.

Let's get this straight. Someone bought me a CD. Then they opened up the packaging and ripped the songs for themselves. I should have asked for a refund. Instead I just accepted my fate and ripped the thing to my computer as well. I hurried up and put the CD in my car's CD player before it got ripped off again.

3 comments:

Momoko said...

Well, the word "ROBBED" is a little strong. It was more of a misunderstanding. I did not realized it had not been opened when I gave the OK to rip it. I will make sure we ask before ripping next time, if there is a next time.

Grand Kat said...

Was it a gift or a re gift?

Black Cat said...

I think this was an ungift. Somebody bought the CD for themselves, and declared that it was a gift for me. This is robbery I tell ya.