Friday, June 18, 2010

Beach Duty

Momoko woke up early today. She ran errands like getting Kit Kat's prescription and buying sun tan lotion. Then I had to wake up. Kit Kat is done with school, but she needed to drop a form off at school. So I drove her.

Then I took Kit Kat out to practice driving. She did some parking and backing up of the car. We had Little Kat pack Momoko's car. Then we were off to drive to the beach.

Our plan was to eat lunch at Sonic. However we got such a late start that I decided to stop by Burger King first. The ads say that they have Cherry and Coke Icee. However all they ever have at the local one is Cherry. Good enough.

We had some heavy traffic to start. Then it got a bit better until we were trying to cross a huge bridge. Traffic got tough again. We took a small detour to visit Sonic en route to the beach.

Once we got to the beach, we found our room to be very nice. The kids each had their own queen size bed in this huge room. Momoko and I had our own room with a king size bed. The air conditioning is blowing on my head. And Momoko is a bit troubled that the painting over the bed looks like it is about to fall. But I think we can manage. We are at the beach after all.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

Glad you made it ok, Now don't get to much sun all at once. It makes for a painfull vacation.
Have fun!!