Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The View From Black Cat

It is the night before the cats leave to see their dad. I need to talk with Kit Kat. However it is getting late. So I wrap up any discussion and go to bed. Momoko wakes me up and tells me we forgot to load the car. She and Kit Kat have to take care of it. I get up before 5:00am. Little Kat tells me he is so excited about the trip that he gets up before his alarm goes off.

I drove the family to the airport. When we get there, Kit Kat realizes that she forgot her wallet. Oh well. No driving for you until Momoko mails it to you. We see a huge line for security. When we try to check in, the automated screen does not recognize Momoko's boarding passes for the kids. An employee helps us out. The long security line goes by quick. I am happy I was not required to go through the full body scanner. Little Kat remarks that the airport screeners took a long hard look at Kit Kat's laptop with the scanner. We go to our gate and wait.

Momoko asks if there is time for her to get breakfast for the kids. I tell her I guess so. She leaves me with everybody's carry on bags. The kids go with her to the McDonald's in the airport. Then the kids' plane starts boarding. I would call Momoko, but she left her cell in the car. Luckily the kids come back and scramble to grab their things. They get in line according to their boarding pass number, with uneaten McDonald's in tow. Momoko and I watch as the plane tries to back out of the terminal. Another plane whizzes by behind the kids' plane. Whew. Close call. Did the kids know what just happened? The plane does a 270 degree turns. Is this a rookie pilot or what? Then Momoko and I leave the airport. I get milked at the parking lot exit for 8 bucks. We were only there for an hour and a half. But at least we parked close to the terminal.

3 comments:

Momoko said...

...And we have to do this all over again in Mid-August...

Black Cat said...

Let's hope Mid-August is not such an early morning arrival.

Grand Kat said...

I bet it is a late one.