Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Delivery Cat

In the past year or so, Momoko had me bring our old freezer and fridge up to her school. The plan was to put them in her classroom. Then a school edict came out staying no teachers could have either in their classroom. Momoko had me come to school, and move the fridge and freezer in the back of the cafeteria.

Recently the rule got overturned by the principal. Momoko could have a fridge and freezer in her classroom. I scheduled to swing by after school to help her move the two back into her classroom. Easier said than done.

When I got to the back of the cafeteria, I found that a lot of new stuff had been stored back there. The freezer and fridge were buried in the back. When I dug them out, Momoko showed me a short cut that took me down a ramp. Whew. Even with the dolly, the big fridge is very hard to move down the stairs.

However after I moved the fridge to Momoko's classroom, she found she could not reach her phone. We had to move around some heavy furniture to get Momoko's fridge and freezer where she wanted them. I cut my hand in the process. Later I found that I cut my other hand even worse.

At least Momoko will have ice cubes for her science experiments at school. And if Momoko has to do an experiment to see how cold her cokes need to be for optimal refreshment, then I say more power to her.

2 comments:

Grand Kat said...

Such a good helpful man you are!!
Did you get some TLC for your effort??

Black Cat said...

I got a slightly used lunch box in return for my work. Turns out it was a trick for me to continue being the delivery man (delivering the used lunch box home). Good thing I planned ahead and had a cold Orange Crush waiting in the truck for me to drink afterwards.