Thursday, January 16, 2014

Bathroom Remodel +1


Our basement bathroom is in a sad state. It looks like the previous owners may have put the bathroom in. It had some colors that may have been cool in the 1970s. Everything seemed to be done by amateurs. I had to get that yellow toilet out of there. There was a whole lot more to do.

Momoko and I decided that we should add a bathtub down in the basement. Why not make it a jetted tub as well? Hey. Everyone wanted the tub to be big. Momoko wanted a huge one. The problem is that we could not fit a huge tub down the stairs. We settled for a big one.

I found a tub I liked on Amazon. It was still pretty big. I was concerned it would not fit down the steps. I built up a wooden prototype of the thing. Kit Kat and I had trouble getting it to fit down the steps. So the project stayed on hold for a while.

Momoko told me she wanted the bathroom rennovations done this year. I figured we could hire someone to get the tub downstairs. I asked my handyman to cost it for me. He told me he needed details on the tub to figure out some of the costs. Now I find I cannot find information on the tub we chose. Back to the drawing board.

No comments: