Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Waste of Time +1


Today one of my meetings before lunch let out early. I used it as an opportunity to go visit my college. First I dropped by a hambuger shop nearby to chow down. Then I headed to campus. I was expecting plenty of parking since it is between semesters. I forgot they have a mid-semester session going on.

I did squeeze into my normal parking lot. Made a bee line to the bookstore. I told the guy behind the desk that I needed the book(s) for my Visual BASIC programming class. He came back scrolling through a tablet that listed all the books. He told me my class was changing books, and they did not have the new one yet. Fail.

Next I headed over to security. They updated my student ID for the new semester. I asked them for a new parking pass as well. The guard asked me if I had a purple parking pass. I had no clue. He told me that if I got a new pass last semester, it lasts for the whole year. Back at my car I checked. Yep. I got the purple one.

Now I need to keep an eye out for the arrival and sale of the next textbook for my class. I usually like to get the book early to get ahead on the reading. Guess I will have to study up by reading stuff on the Internet.

No comments: