Friday, January 31, 2014

Work Travel


A manager at work wanted me to go into the customer site this week. My team lead had already worked out a schedule where I covered last week. I already paid my dues. So one day I called this manager up and said I had already started working from home. The next day I said I could not go in. I had no excuse for today.

I got up early. The traffic was a bit heavy. I still made it to work before 8am. I was surprised that a lot of the team had already shown up at the customer's site. Guess they wanted an early day. The manager who pestered me bought some bagels. I spread some cream cheese on it and discovered my bagel was a sweet flavored one.

There was an emergency early in the morning. Me and a couple guys got together and did a short term fix. Then a couple of the guys and me went off to a break room and talked about a longer term fix. We had a good time there because we are all senior programmers. By the time we were done, we had three cool options to pitch.

Unfortunately I sat next to the pesky manager most of the day. I did have a smile on my face as some higher level managers had him do their grunt work. At least I spent the day working on fun technical problems. Plus I sat next to a woman on my team who is chatty in a good way. She is very pregnant, and said the pregnancy causes her to sneeze a lot. Random.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nic Post thanks Admin
Very Help Post and aslo amazing website design.
http://letsteachonline.com/