Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Good Helper +1


I was working hard on a project at work Friday afternoon. There were some problems that me and a coworker were sifting through. As I was talking to my coworker, Momoko called me at home. She asked me when I was getting off from work. I told her I had no clue. But it might be a late night.

Eventually I got to a breaking point where I needed some job to finish before I could proceed. I called Momoko back. Still did not know when I was going to be off from work. It was going to be late. But I had time to inquire further. Momoko was at school trying to get her classroom in compliance for an upcoming safety inspection. She needed Little Kat to be brought to the school That I could do.

I had Little Kat dress for work (jeans, sneakers, no flip flops). Then I took him over to Momoko's school. We had just been there this week to pick up Momoko's iPad left at work. Poor Little Kat. Had to return to his old middle school. I dropped him off and punched it to get home. Ran into a bunch of rush hour traffic. But I made it back in time for the next step at work.

Usually Little Kat is a slacker in Momoko's classroom. He does not produce too well. This time around he got down to business. He even did a few tasks that Momoko did not ask him to do. They ended up staying there late. Kit Kat cooked up some pork chops for dinner anyway. The two of us ate while we waited for the rest of the family to come home.

Now Little Kat was getting paid to help Momoko. However he was of some use. He partially made up for stealing my pizza bites out of the freezer earlier this week. Not sure if he made up for stealing Kit Kat's pie slice that was given to her by a friend. Time to stop the thief and put Little Kat to work again.

No comments: