Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Welcome to Wendy's +1


I had to do a little shopping today at lunch time. So I ate lunch at Wendy's since it was close to Target. Got a meal with a double cheeseburger. The price seemed high. But the burger was delicious. As I sat down to eat my meal, I kept hearing the staff proclaim, "Welcome to Wendy's."

Now this felt like a fail on two levels. The first issue as that nobody welcomed me when I entered the building. The second was that this sounded like a clone of what they scream when you come into any Coldstone ice cream store. I would call this a double fail.

What I did think was going above and beyond was the cashier coming to clear my trash from my table. She also asked if I needed a refill for my soda. That is what you would expect from a full service restaurant. I guess Wendy's is trying.

The reason why this is not a slam dunk is that Roy Rogers is their competition. Roys wins because of their fixins bar. I get all the topping I want just the way I want them. Roys also has unique toppings such as jalapenos which I cannot get at Wendys. Plus the price is lower at Roys.

If all of this was not enough, Roys is closer to me. Sorry Wendys. I know you are trying. You must try harder!

No comments: