Sunday, April 7, 2013

Yard Work Begins +1


I went to Roy Rogers for lunch today. Needed a hearty meal because today begins the Spring season of heavy yard work. First thing I did after lunch was use the leaf blower to move the leaves onto the grass. Then I ran the mower on the whole front yard. Blowing leaves out of the garden caused mulch to blow onto the grass. So I had to use the blower to blow the mulch back in the garden. Sure beats raking.

Then I started the labor known as picking up sticks. I don't want to run the mower in the back yard with all the sticks that fell off the trees. Luckily I have grabber tool that prevents me from having to bend down to grab the stick. I filled up a wheel barrel full of sticks. Then my grabber broke. Time to get a replacement pronto. Finally I cut the grass in the back yard area where sticks had been picked up.

I ended the day by bagging up all the collected grass, leaves and sticks. I also bagged up some big trash items we left behind the shed for bulky trash pickup. I think I can get the regular trash guys to haul most of this stuff. Oh Spring. The pain begins.

No comments: