Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Vacation's All I Ever Wanted


Today we were scheduled to go on vacation. Kit Kat was supposed to drive us to the beach. She was sick. So Momoko took the wheel. She had a hard time because there was an accident which closed down the main road. We eventually got back on after a long detour. Then Momoko took a wrong turn based on Kit Kat's navigation. We corrected for it, and got to the hotel.

Our room was ocean front. I got the kids a separate room so they could each have their own bed. Their room opened to the atrium. Since their balcony was indoors, they had nice furniture on the balcony to sit on. Back in our room, we opened the sliding glass door to the ocean. Somebody was playing a guitar and singing loudly. He was an average singer, but not good enough to be pro. I figured he could not have been the paid entertainment.

After trying to take a nap for 20 minutes or so, the singer would not shut up. I had Momoko stand out on the balcony so I could figure which room was ours. I went outside on the groud and looked up. Some lackey was singing with a guitar on the room right below ours. I told him to stop making noise. He said okay. Hopefully that will be the end of that nonsense.

Afterwards I went to the front desk and told them I had a noise problem that I believed I had solved. I asked them who should I call in case the problem returned. They told me to call the front desk, who would in turn call hotel security. Good enough for me. Tomorrow we plan to sleep in, eat some lunch, and head to the boardwalk.

No comments: