Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tire Trouble

Today I drove the boys to lunch. We headed to our favorite Chinese restaurant. As we got there, I felt the car steer funny. I got out of the car at the restaurant and found that my tire was flat. Bummer.

I immediately pulled to the corner of the parking lot. We pulled out the little spare tire. But me and the boys could not find the jack for the car. I consulted the owner's manual. Of course. They hid the jack under the driver seat. Ha ha.

My best buddy at work jumped onto the ground and started jacking up my car. He started complaining that something was wrong. It was hard to jack up the car. My other buddy took over and started well, but got tired too. I did my share and found it surprisingly hard. This is strange as my car is small (and should be light).

We managed to get the tire changed. But my cheap jack is toast. Got to find a better one somewhere. Momoko drove me to Mister Tire where they said they could repair my flat tire. Let's hope so. I don't want to buy any new tires.

2 comments:

Momoko said...

Funny how I had the low tire pressure and his tire goes flat!

Grand Kat said...

Sounds like your jack was toast.
I like the road service idea for myself.