Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Power Outage

I woke up very early this morning. My cat senses told me something was wrong. Then I saw the problem. The alarm clock was off. I flipped the light switch. Yep. We had a power outage. Luckily the hot water is done by gas and not electric. The gas was still working.

So I called the electric company. A message said the outage was already reported. However it would be a few hours before it would be restored. I decided to go in early to work. The local McDonald's had power. I figured a Sausage McMuffin was in order.

When I got home, the power had been restored. The house was cool. So the power was not out long enough for the house to heat up too bad. The only regret I have is that the answering machine seems to have burned out. We just replaced this darn machine recently too.

2 comments:

Grand Kat said...

Time for a new answering machine it seems. Love the picture you posted about the power outage. cool beans.

Momoko said...

I really like the picture too! I need that on my wall!!!!!!