Friday, July 10, 2009

Killer Traffic

I got tied up at work the other day. So I did not get to leave on time. That's ok I thought. I would just drive home and have a nice dinner with Momoko. As soon as I got on the highway, I knew I was in trouble.

In fact, I knew I was in trouble well before getting on the highway. The thing was a parking lot. It took a long time just to get from the on ramp onto the highway. I turned on the radio. Apparently they shut down a few lanes on the highway. If you do that in rush hour around here, traffic just halts.

In the end I somehow made it to the right hand lane. Then I inched by for an hour. Eventually I just drove off on the shoulder and took the next exit. The back roads got me home a lot faster than if I had to wait it out. It was still a very long and painful ride home.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

Traffic is the worst!