Friday, March 29, 2013

Computer Build Plans +1


Last Christmas, Little Kat and I had planned to build our own computer. For some reason the plans fell through. We ended up with no new computer. Little Kat was without a server for his Minecraft game.

Recently I saw a class called PC Assembly. They give you a list of parts to buy. Then they teach you to put together a computer from basic parts. Sounded like a winner. Turns out a friend of mine was taking the class this semester. Apparently the teachers are really good.

I thought perhaps Little Kat and I could take the class together. That way we could get the experts to teach us. Then I heard some bad news. My friend spent over $1000 on just the parts for the commputer. Ouch. So now my plan is to get my work to pay for the class and the parts.

I researched the college offering the class. Unfortunately Little Kat is just too young to attend the school. You got to be a prodigy to get in that young. My latest plan is to go and learn the building process. Then I will come home and teach Little Kat what I learn. Maybe we can even disassemble and reassemble the thing.

If Little Kat has his way, I will buy some high quality parts and we will build a high performance gaming computer together.

No comments: