Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sale Finalized +1


Today the dealer I have been talking with brought their Volkswagon Bettle to my mechanic. I only trust my mechanic to evaluate used cars for me. He said there was some cosmetic issue with the roof. And the car had a lot of miles on it. Aside from that, he thought the engine and transmission were good. That is all I needed to hear.

Kit Kat and I drove east of town in rush hour traffic to get to the dealership. They were cleaning the car before presenting it to me. At first I thought I might need to confirm all the numbers we had talked about remained the same. Instead I just played it cool and filled out some paperwork. Boy am I glad that I kept my mouth shut.

Turned out the final bill was a couple hundred dollars less than I thought it would be. How's that for a change? At the end, when we went into the financing office, I found out where the discount came from. They charged me over $200 less for the base price of the car. I had no problems with that.

Kit Kat was happy that the custom paint/trim on the outside of the car was purple. It is a light purple. You can only see it if you pay attention. This car is pastel green. Kit Kat loves that color. I got in the car after a quick sale transaction. But I could not get the thing into reverse. Oh oh. My sales guy ran out of the building because he must have seen me moving forward many times toward the building.

Sales guy instructed me to press the shifter down into the ground to get it into reverse. Weird. My truck stick shift does not work like that. Anyway, I got on the road with Kit Kat following me from the dealership. The car was really easy to shift. It has almost 100k miles on it. So I figure I will spend some cash repairing it. Overall it felt like a good deal.

The fun started to sink in as I drove the car home. I was gong to immediately drop it off for my mechanic to do some preventive maintenance on it. I think that can wait. I need to drive this car.

No comments: