Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dead on Arrival +1


Last night Kit Kat and I picked up our Vokswagen Beetle from the dealership. We did this after work. When we finally dropped the car off at home, we went out for some dinner. We celebrated at the Silver Diner. I was really tired since I had to get up early to get the car checked out by my mechanic. Therefore I went to bed early.

I woke up today refreshed. My plan was to take the Beetle out at lunch to run some errands. I went outside and clicked the keyless remote to unlock the door. Nothing happened. Oh oh. I used the key to unlock the door. The car would not start. Now I kind of knew this would happen eventually. The dealership had trouble starting the car multiple times this past month.

I tried to use my truck to jump start the car. No luck. I had to call my mechanic, who sent over his tow truck man. This towing company uses a flatbed truck to carry cars to the shop. The guy put the Beetle in neutral, rolled it down the driveway, and used the winch to pull it up onto the flatbed truck.

Now let's hope my mechanic can diagnose the problem and fix it on the cheap. Otherwise we may have to borrow from the "house fund" to get this Beetle road worthy.

No comments: