Saturday, March 30, 2013

Chair Shopping +1


Little Kat, my brother, and I went chair shopping today. My living room chair is losing its support. And I want to be able to sit on a chair while watchng movies with my bro. Also I will be moving Little Kat's chair from the basement. So he wanted to have a say in the new chairs I am thinking about buying.

We went to the store that has the best sales people. They also have a lot of chairs. We were able to eliminate over half the chairs in the store by skipping any chairs that were rockers. We also discounted the sliders. That left stationary recliners.

The first thing we did was sit in all the recliners that did not rock or slide. Then we had a list of chairs that felt right. Next I eliminated any chairs that were outrageously expensive. Some of those Little Kat called "kingly chairs". This got us down to just a few.

Little Kat and my bro likes a chair that cost $850. I liked another one that went for $650. Together with tax and delivery, the cost was going to be $1700. Ouch. That was a lot higher than I had planned to spend. They were having a 30% sale that ended today. The sale would bring the price down to about $1250.

I never make a purchase this high without sleeping on it first. There will be other sales. The only question is whether I am willing to spend $600 per chair on average. Those chairs were really nice. My bro and I would only sit on them once a week. Little Kat is always sitting in his chair playing video games when we let him.

Got some thinking to do here.

No comments: