Saturday, March 9, 2013

Getting Some Soul


It is time to get back to teaching Kit Kat how to drive a manual transmission vehicle. I figured we would go back to learning in my pickup truck. Kit Kat complained that is was difficult to drive the truck. Her legs are a bit short. So we slide the front seat up close to the pedals. But then the steering wheel it too close to her. Plus the truck itself is hard to drive in general.

Momoko thought we could just hire somebody who has a manual transmission vehicle to teach Kit Kat. However the last time we hired someone to teach Kit Kat driving, it was a total failure. Momoko also thought we might be able to borrow a manual transmission vehicle. Or perhaps we coud rent one.

Why rent when you can own? Just the other day, I saw a 2012 Nissan Versa manual transmission on super sale for $10,500. Wouldn't you know it? Both of the Versas at that low price point were sold in a week. I wish I knew about Kit Kat's aversion to the truck back then.

That's okay. I just discovered a bunch of manual transmission Kia Souls on sale for $12,700. Yeah it is a little more expensive. But these are the Souls. You know. The ones in the commercial where the hamsters are dancing and driving the vehicles. I mean the Soul is a win just for the commercial.

Kit Kat and I plan to visit the dealership on Sunday. Wish us luck. Go Kia.

No comments: