Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pumping Iron +1

Momoko got Little Kat a weight bench some time ago. She wanted him to work out. I think it came with some dumbbells. Little Kat did some exercise at the school gym. He must have done the bench press. So he and I went out and got him a barbell. The barbell itself has some weight, so you don't have to add too much more to get a good workout.

Turns out Little Kat does not seem to use the bench much. Fail. But I am starting to exercise in the basement every day. I use the exercise equipment like the treadmill, stationary bike, and elliptical. In between using these machines, I lift weight with Little Kat's barbell. Hey. Somebody has to get some use out of the equipment.

On Satudays my bro comes over and we take over the family room. Momoko and the kids go downstairs to the workout room. They like to watch TV and eat down there. The problem is that we threw out the old sofa from that room. There is one reclining chair Little Kat uses for gaming. And there is a weight bench. Momoko's plan is for us to buy a new couch.

This room is not too large. The weight bench takes up an unusual amount of space because the barbell is long. Add in that half the room has a dropped ceiling, so I cannot lift the barbell over my head on one side of the room. Momoko tried to rearrange the stuff in the room to make space for a new couch. It looks like that is an impossible task.

No comments: