Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Locked Out


I brought in the trash cans from the rain. Had to turn them upside down to dry them out. Then I thought I would prepare for taking out the recyclables tonight. I dumped the container we have in the house into the large container outside. Then I had some newspapers I wanted to keep for wrapping purposes. I reached for the key to the carport shed, and found it missing.

I texted the whole family about the missing key. Kit Kat had no idea where it might be. Momoko said that she and Little Kat had used the shed to spread rock salt before the last storm. Little Kat is on restriction, so he does not have his phone with him. I told him about the problem when he arrived home.

Little Kat and I went thought both our jacket and pants pockets. Nothing turned up. Then I asked him about the day he spread the rock salt. He said he wore his heavy jacket, which was still in Kit Kat's car. Kit Kat finally came home from work. She had Little Kat's jacket. But there was no key in the pockets.

Now I do have a duplicate key hidden away in my study. So I could get into the shed. But we can't use that key, because it will get lost again and we will be permanently locked out of the shed. It is time to get a new lock so we can have two copies of the key to the lock.

No comments: