Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Seeing the Trees


Today I met my friend from the last college I attended. I actually met her on the campus of the college we attended together. We planned to go visit this plant and flower museum. I tried to enter the address in my car GPS. However the GPS did not recognize the address. Weird. I had some backup printed directions. En route, my friend said we should use the GPS in my iPhone.

We tried to have the iPhone guide us. I never tried that before and it showed. The phone would not speak the directions to us. So my friend read the directions. We went down a road, but it felt like the wrong direction. I knew it was wrong after many miles. We switched back to the printed directions. That got us close to the museum. However we must have passed it.

I realized we had gone too far. Unfortunately we were stuck in the middle of the city. I was turned around. I called the museum. They tried to give me directions back to their place. We could not follow them. I parked on the side of the road and studied the map for a long time. Then I came up with a plan, and we somehow made it.

At the information office, we were told that the Bonsai garden was a must see. The Bonsai trees were split up into separate collections. I took a bunch of pictures. In the middle, some old guy approached us, trying to tell us what the best trees were. I was annoyed, but I remained respectful. The old guy was impressed that another visitor knew which trees were famous.

I just wanted to enjoy the trees. Old guy got the message and eventually left. Strangely enough, there was a large rare rock collection on display in the Bonsai section. Some of the rocks were so strangely designed that we thought they could not be natural. Before leaving, we took a detour walking into the herb garden. Not many herbs were in season yet. On the way out, we took a drive around the grounds of the museum. The darn GPS was taking us in circles inside the grounds of the museum. Eventually it got us back to campus.

No comments: