Thursday, March 7, 2013

Fast Food Frenzy


I had a busy morning at work. Since I am taking next week off for training, I needed to wrap some things up at work. People were trying to get in touch with me before I left. It was tough to get a break for lunch. When I did come upstairs, I saw Kit Kat. One of her classes was cancelled. So she came home early for lunch. She whipped up a salad, complete with hard boiled egg. It smelled so good.

After work I was trying to get ready for school. Then a manager had a last minute request for some research. Okay I figured I could help out. Then a guy on my team got stuck and needed help. I had to bolt out of there fast. Can't get stuck on a school night. Was dragging my feet getting ready for school. I just wanted to take a nap. But I did not want to sleep through class.

Finally I got out of the house. Momomoko was coming home just as I was pulling out. I decided to drop by the retro Roy Rogers down the street. They cooked up my burger and fries real fast. Thanks Roys! I was busy putting fixings on my burger, when I heard someone say, "Hello neighbor." It was my next door neighbor. Turns out he loves Roys too. He confided that he used to work there when he was younger.

Luckily some boys in class were falling behind. The instructor dismissed the class an hour and a half early so he could help the slackers catch up. I called up Momoko, and got an order for some McDonalds. Of course I hit the drive through. When it was time for me to pick up my food at the window, the car in front of me stopped. What the heck? He eventually got out of the way.

Then as I am trying to get out of the drive through lane, some SUV starts coming in the drive through the wrong way. Oh this is not my night. Luckily the fool figured out he was going the wrong way. He backed and and took a long time to get out of the parking lot and out of my way. I made it home safe in one piece. The family enjoyed the McDonalds snack. Kit Kat got her usual Shamrock shake. I tried some type of snack wrap to mix it up.

No comments: