Monday, March 18, 2013

VW New Beetle +1


I have determined that we just cannot find a new car with a manual transmission for Kit Kat to learn on. The prices in the paper are all come ons. The dealers will not sell the cars at those prices. There is always some kind of trick that drives the actual price up a thousand or two. That will just not fly.

Now I am looking around for a used car. I like dealing with the CarMax dealership. However their cars bottom out around $8000. That is too much for a used car. I recently found a lead on a used 2002 Volkswagon Beetle. It is the green color that Kit Kat loves. The thing has 96k miles on it. But it was selling for around $5000.

I called the dealership today. The only issue might be the extra $1000 vehicle restoration and state inspection fee they add to the sales price. I call those garbage fees. However it does provide the car with a two year warranty. I plan to visit the dealer soon to see if we can strike a deal. If so, I will have my trusted mechanic check out the car. If that is a go, we might be back in business.

No comments: