Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The End of Kindle Buffet


Previously I had discovered the Kindle Buffet web site. It listed the latest free electronic books (eBooks) available on Amazon. I would download the best to my laptop, and read like crazy to keep up. Of course I could not keep up. This site had pages of free books. These were the top rated free books of the day. After a while, I started being more picky about the books I downloaded. Did not want to fill up my Kindle Reader without need.

Last week something strange happened. The site stopped listing new books. There was a message from the site owner. He seemed pissed off. I guess he used to make some money when he sent people to the Amazon web site, even though the books people bought were free. Apparently Amazon reversed its policy. Now the guy does not make money off Amazon.

This guy was spending his life, finding and listing the free books each day. He was apparently making a living off of it. Then the source of income dried up. Now the guy is salty. There were 10 to 20 thousand people visiting his site every day. Like me, they want to know when the free book listings will resume. The guy managing the site is getting salty.

Luckily I have already downloaded over 2000 books from Amazon for free. They look pretty good. So far, after reading about 50 of them, I find that around 90% of them are pretty good. Like others who used the site, I find that I might spent the rest of my life trying to read all the books I downloaded. I often try to value the collection of books I have downloaded. If I were to price each one at a conservative $2.99 each, I got a collection here worth over $5000. Yee haw I love a good deal.

No comments: