Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Fully Committed


Little Kat needs a lot of help getting better at reading. The family spends 30 minutes a week reading out loud. We are all reading the same book together. We also read a few chapters a week individually, then come back together to discuss once a week.

I am fully committed to this effort. I fund the purchase of the books. That is the first level of commitment. I also log words that I think Little Kat may not know. He usually cannot define them. I also go and look up each of the words, to make sure I can either explain them, or help Little Kat when he tries to look them up and understand them. The is the second level of commitment.

You would think we could just tell Little Kat to look up the words he does not know. However he is a slacking type of reader. He will just skip over words he does not know. Fail. We should have done this 10 years ago. Little Kat would be a much stronger reader.

No comments: